This is the time of year when people make lists of what they want for the holidays. So, I decided to ask our staff what they wanted from our clients. This is what they came up with:
- Be polite. A please and thank you go a long way.
- Be on time for your appointments. If you are held up, call us and let us know.
- Vaccinate your pets. Vaccines protect against a ton of deadly diseases, are safe, and keep your pet healthy and your family safe.
- Keep up with preventative medication for your pets. Flea, tick, and heartworm preventative can help your pet avoid a lot of nasty diseases.
- Train your pet. Get your cat use to the carrier and being handled. Train your dog to walk nicely on a leash, stand on command, and have their feet, ears, and mouth handled. It is much easier to do a thorough exam on a cooperative animal. You will also appreciate not having to struggle to treat your pet if you need to medicate them.
- Take our recommendations seriously. We only recommend what we truly believe is in the best interest of your pet.
- Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. There is some great advice available on the internet, but there is also some horrible advice on there.
- Ask questions if you don’t understand something.
- Do not give your pet over the counter medicine or human medicine without asking.
- Don’t take our equipment. We need our tools for our next patient.
And of course, we all want you, your family, and critters to have a happy and healthy holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Ann E. Bastian, V.M.D., Duncan, and Rio